Here at Fountain People, Inc., we understand our environmental responsibility to the world and the future of our children. Over the years Fountain People, Inc. has been driven to provide affordable aquatic play experiences, interactive entertainment, and architectural accents through water features. We provide our customers ways to reduce, renew, and reuse, so they can have the opportunity to reduce their carbon footprint and embrace water conservation. As a fountain company, we can only expect the same from ourselves. That’s why we strive to lead by example in the ever-changing market though our products, and everyday business tasks.
Regarding the equipment to be manufactured for our water features:
- All specialized water feature equipment is manufactured from either recycled or recyclable materials.
- Stainless steel components are approximately 82% combined post consumer and post industrial recycled.
- Bronze, brass and copper components are approximately 89% combined post consumer and post industrial recycled.
- Pumps are selected for optimal efficiency and minimum electrical energy consumption for this specific design concept.
- Specialized pump controls are specified to minimize electrical consumption in changing environments.
- Specialized water treatment equipment is specifically designed to maximize useful water life and minimize water replacement and chemical usage.
- Specialized lighting controls are specified to minimize electrical consumption.
- Specialized water level controls prevent the waste of water from over-filling.
- Protective system functions prolong the life of pumps.
- No powder-coated products are used, as that process inhibits recycling processes.
- All adhesives, sealants and product coatings are volatile organic compound (VOC) free except for a small amount of epoxy resin sealant that is used for underground applications.
Regarding Fountain People/Water Odyssey business operations:
- In-house printing is done with Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI) certified paper.
- Catalogs are printed on Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified paper.
- Scrap foam products are re-used for packaging.
- 60% of shipping boxes are made from recycled paper products.
- Rainwater is collected for use on the corporate campus landscape and supplemental test pool.
- Coatings facilities are state-approved, and utilize advanced particle filtering & collection operations.