Regarding the equipment to be manufactured for our water features:
- All specialized water feature equipment is manufactured from either recycled or recyclable materials.
- Stainless steel components are approximately 82% combined post consumer and post industrial recycled.
- Bronze, brass and copper components are approximately 89% combined post consumer and post industrial recycled.
- Pumps are selected for optimal efficiency and minimum electrical energy consumption for this specific design concept.
- Specialized pump controls are specified to minimize electrical consumption in changing environments.
- Specialized water treatment equipment is specifically designed to maximize useful water life and minimize water replacement and chemical usage.
- Specialized lighting controls are specified to minimize electrical consumption.
- Specialized water level controls prevent the waste of water from over-filling.
- Protective system functions prolong the life of pumps.
- No powder-coated products are used, as that process inhibits recycling processes.
- All adhesives, sealants and product coatings are volatile organic compound (VOC) free except for a small amount of epoxy resin sealant that is used for underground applications.
Regarding Fountain People/Water Odyssey business operations:
- In-house printing is done with Sustainable Forest Initiative (SFI) certified paper.
- Catalogs are printed on Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified paper.
- Scrap foam products are re-used for packaging.
- 60% of shipping boxes are made from recycled paper products.
- Rainwater is collected for use on the corporate campus landscape and supplemental test pool.
- Coatings facilities are state-approved, and utilize advanced particle filtering & collection operations.